Day 3 - Christmas Day and knitting a shawl in the car

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Day 3 of the Artsy Challenge saw me enjoying Christmas morning with my family.  I made breakfast, opened presents with the grandsons, and then watched the Disney Christmas parade on television.

I wasn't expecting to get any artsy time in at all yesterday.  It turns out I had plenty of time to be artsy yesterday.  Once the presents had been opened and the parade had been watched we all traveled to the other Grandmother's house to have Christmas with her.

I grabbed some yarn and knitting needles to take with me.  I spent the time going starting a shawl.  After we came home last night I spent a few hours knitting while watching the oldest grandson play with Lincoln Logs.

I think I'm going to call this the bumps and chains shawl.  On one edge it has chains down the side and on the other it has bumps.  I made this in an almost chunky weight wool/acrylic mix yarn with size 10-1/2 needles.  The pattern is below.

With this pattern it doesn't matter what size needles you use or what size yarn as long as you have sufficient amounts to finish your project.


Pattern:

Cast on 3 stitches.

Row 1:  (RS) Knit in front and back of first stitch, bring yarn to front and slip last two stitches purlwise.  Turn work.

Row 2: (WS) kfb first stitch, knit to last two stitches, bring yarn to front and slip last two stitches purlwise.  Turn work.

Row 3: (RS) kfb first stitch, knit to last two stitches, bring yarn to front and slip last two stitches purlwise.  Turn work.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 until desired length and width are achieved.

Labels: , ,