For several years I participated in Arts and Sciences, whereby you researched a project, wrote a set of documentation for it, basically a paper, and recreated whatever the object was that you were researching. I stopped that, and teaching, due to health issues a few years ago. This past year I decided it was time to jump back into the fray. I decided to pick a project that used the naalbinding technique.
I chose to do my project on the Åsle mitten. This was a mitten found in a bog near the Åsle Tå community near Falkoping, Sweden. It was originally thought to have been from the 3rd to 4th C A.D. Later testing proved it to be from the 16th C.
In the next series of posts I am going to share my documentation and steps to recreating this mitten.