Going online with my Project

I've been wondering for a long time whether to put my classes online. I've taught most of them more than a few times which has allowed me to get some wonderful feedback from my students which in turn has allowed for some improvements to the class and teaching materials.

After posting the question to the A&S 50 group discussion list and receiving a positive response I have finally made the decision to start posting my classes to my blog.

All of my classes come with lots of diagrams. I start them out with a brief discussion on the piece, then give you a listing of measurements to take (usually no more than 6 to 8 per item), along with how to figure out the amount of fabric needed per item. I also include layout diagrams and step by step illustrations on how to construct each item. In this case since I am posting to blogs I will also include some photos to go along with the diagrams, so I will probably end up posting each class as multiple blog posts. Hope this won't be too much of an inconvenience, but I am hoping the photos will help to enhance what the illustrations are trying to impart.

A short listing of classes:

Rectangular Construction Related Classes:
  1. A "Nordic" tunic/undertunic
  2. Several Viking Women's Apron dress patterns
  3. 13th C. Women's clothing (a series of classes)
  4. 13th C. Men's clothing (a series of classes)
  5. Viking women's cap (Jorvik and Dublin styles)

Others classes:

  1. Introduction to Tablet Weaving
  2. Double face-Double turn Tablet weaving
  3. How to dress your fighter to the nines or the Well dressed fighter (to be taught in August at the Southern War College event being hosted by the Canton of Ironstone Springs in the Kingdom of Meridies)
  4. Viking Brooches
  5. Viking treasure necklaces
  6. Viking Men's clothing